Recipe Hack: Magnolia Bakery's Famous Banana Pudding




     Now that the famous Magnolia Bakery of New York has opened a branch in Manila, people troop to this posh establishment to sample their various cupcakes and their world-famous Banana Pudding.
Of course we had to  taste for ourselves what the fuss is all about. Well, FOMO!

     In all honesty, I like the banana pudding of M Bakery. It is rich and fresh and not too sweet. But surely I can whip up something similar I told myself. Back in my old blog, I already tried a very good Magnolia Bakery banana pudding copycat recipe. It is so good I think it is worth reposting here.

     The copycat recipe I found was from from recipelink which you can find here.

     I made some substitutions to the above recipe. Since Nilla wafers are not available here I used pasencia, our local vanilla wafer cookies. And instead of 3 cups of whipping cream, I used 2 cups to make the pudding richer and less runny.

Here is my final recipe:

Banana Pudding

Ingredients
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1-1/2 cups cold water
1 pack (3.4 oz.) Jell-O vanilla pudding mix
2 cups heavy cream
1 pack Pasencia cookies

Instructions
1. Beat together condensed milk and cold water until well combined. 
2. Add pudding mix and mix well for 2 minutes.  
3. Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
4.  Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. 
5. Gently fold in the pudding mixture into the whipped cream. 
6. Assemble the dessert into individual cups alternating pudding and pasencia cookie layers ending with the pudding layer.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve. 

     I'd say this is another recipe to whip out of the box for when it's too hot to turn the oven on. Not bad as a potluck dessert too. Really fast and easy. I'm glad to have found another recipe to add to my list of standbys.


P.S.
A few days later, I made another batch; this time using fresh ripe mangoes which are in season. It was another hit. In fact, they like the mango version better than the banana. Oh, well.

Comments