Ah, warm cookies and milk. Good times. Notice how many fond memories you have over this duo? Create some more with this very easy and fuss-free recipe. Half the fun is in making these traditional hand-molded cookies which can be a bonding activity with the kids.
I bet this recipe will be a classic in your household. It is in mine. Happy Baking!
Peanut Butter Cookies
3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup refined sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars until creamy at medium speed of mixer, about 5 minutes.
4. Add peanut butter and cream for another minute.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
6. At low speed, add flour mixture in four parts, blending thoroughly.
7. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets two inches apart. Alternately, you can scoop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Press balls down with a fork, making a crisscross mark on each with fork tines.
9. Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch the time so you end up with soft and chewy cookies.
10. Transfer cookies to rack to cool completely. Store airtight.
Makes about 60 medium-sized cookies.