Of course I would say that for the purpose of accuracy it is recommended that you weigh the flour you are going to use. But not everyone has a kitchen scale at home. So knowing how to measure is the next logical thing. And I'm going to teach you how.
Here are some tips on properly measuring flour:
- If your flour is in a bag or big tub, try to loosen it up a little before measuring.
- Never dip your measuring cup into the bag.
- And never tap the measuring cup as you fill it with flour.
- With a big spoon, slowly fill your cup with flour (Remember, no tapping!). Try to make it overflow.
- Then, with a spatula or the back of a knife, run the blade across the cup to make it level.
Watch out for other posts about baking basics. Happy Baking!