Best Thing I Ever Ate!® Manila Edition



I don't know if I can officially call myself a foodie but I do like to eat. I think of food 24/7 that I am now convinced that thinking about food makes you fat. But there's just no escaping food. It's everywhere! On billboards, in print, at the supermarket, at the mall and on tv.


Television, you will be the death of me. If you made me come up with a list of favourite television shows, 7 out of 10 will be food and/or cooking shows. Ambient noise of choice is always any Asian Food Channel or Food Network show. So as a nod to the Food Network's segment Best Thing I Ever Ate!®, I thought of listing the best things I ever ate.


Guilty Pleasure - Caramel Praline Cheesecake from T.G.I. Friday's

Crazy Good - Claw Daddy's Crab Maritess

The Classics - Oysters Rockefeller at Mario's Restaurant

Spicy - Champion Buffalo Wings from Buffalo's Wings and Things

In a Bowl - Red Mango's frozen yoghurt

Fast and Easy - Krispy Kreme doughnuts

Healthy and Light - Roka Salata from Cyma

Meaty Goodness - Wagyu Steak from Melo's

Grilled - Flame grilled burgers from Brothers Burgers

Breakfast - Breakfast buffet from EDSA Shangri-La Hotel

Bang for a Buck - Dilly bar from Dairy Queen, an absolute steal at PHP28 and low fat to boot

Salty - without a doubt still Doritos® Nacho Cheesier

Fried Bites - Ebi Tempura from Kimpura and Saisaki

Ice Creamy - a toss up between Selecta Hershey's Heath and Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia

Crispy- Baklava from the Middle East

Sweet- Oreo cheesecake from Starbucks and jumbo pastillas from Iya Guingona

Chocolate- Ferrero Rocher chocolates and dulce de leche chocolate fudge cake from Mom and Tina's

There you have it, my top 15 list of the best things I ever ate. Care to share yours?

Comments