No-Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake

     Once again, kitchen diva in me summons (kidding!). For the nth time, I think I'll try to get back to blogging. Now that the extensive house renovation is over, my schedule these days permits me to bake new and old standby recipes and hopefully take decent photos of them.

     I've been reading a lot of baking blogs lately and it amazes me how they find the time. Apart from having kids and holding down a full-time job, these women (and men) still find the time to shop, travel, and churn out at least a couple of entries in a week. Do they even sleep I wanted to ask? Apparently they do and still manage to go on date nights with their partners.

     Most would say time management is key. And surviving on less hours of sleep and caffeine. I guess I should be working on my time management skills because I have the caffeine bit down pat. So here goes. No guarantees, though, on the frequency of my entries but I will certainly try and see this through.

     To get the ball rolling, let me start off with a simple no-bake cheesecake recipe. I used to sell lots of these back in the day when I still had my shop. I like the light, smooth consistency of the filling combined with the dark chocolaty goodness of the Oreo crust. This simple recipe is a good jump-off point for beginners as this requires no baking whatsoever.


No- Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake

Ingredients

Crust
1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted

Filling
1 bar (225 grams) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup refined sugar
1 250 ml all-purpose cream, chilled
1 teaspoon Knox gelatin dissolved in3 tablespoons cold fresh milk
1/2 cup (125 grams) white chocolate, melted
shaved white chocolate

Instructions
  1. Mix together Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch removable bottom pan. Set aside in the freezer.
  2. Whip all-purpose cream until doubled in volume. Set aside.
  3. Heat gelatin dissolved in milk in a water bath until you get a smooth liquid consistency. Cool a bit.
  4. In a mixer at medium speed, cream together cream cheese and refined sugar for about a minute or till smooth.
  5. With the mixer running on low speed, pour gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
  6. Fold in melted white chocolate
  7. Gently fold in whipped cream.
  8. Pour cheesecake filling into pan with prepared crust.
  9. Chill for about 4 hours or till set.
  10. Decorate the top with shaved white chocolate.

Comments