Pink and Lime Princess Cake and Cupcakes

One of my frustrations is not being blessed a baby girl. A little girl that I can dress in those cute outfits. A budle of joy to make all sorts of girly stuff with and throw outrageous pinkalicious parties for. Oh well, thank God for little nieces then.

This particular beauty is made of all-chocolate cake with a caramel filling. The birthday cake had a big tiara and wand on top while the cupcakes were decorated with gumpaste tiaras.

I did this cake for Mischka's 1st birthday. Don't you just love the pink and lime green color combination? So festive and bright! Pink can be a tad too girly but paired with lime green and it just kicks butt. And don't let me get started on the polka dots...ah, I'm such a pushover! This one was made more Fancy Nancy-esque with the additonal feather boa on the cupcake tower.

I tell you I left the party that day with a big grin on my face wishing I was a little girl again and got to attend her little princess party.

Comments