Peanut Butter Blondies


     Ok I'll admit it. There are times when I make stuff from a box to make my life easier.

     What's wrong with that? It tastes good anyway and puts a smile on people's faces. That's the goal right? If I can do that in 25 minutes flat so much the better.

     But let me tell you I'm quite selective when choosing which ones to do. I only do brownies and cookies from a mix. Everything else, I bake from scratch.

     Let me take for example this Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix. You can make a mean pan of Peanut Butter Blondies from the ready-mix version which you can get from the supermarket. Just prepare the dough according to package directions, fold in a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips then transfer to a 9-inch square pan and it's ready to bake.

     Time saved goes into more fun activities like sharing these bars with loved ones over a cup of coffee and some meaningful conversation.

Comments