Soft as a pillow when freshly baked and warm from the oven. Moist and tender crumb, rich and chocolate-y. Tastes heavenly; you can't stop at just one piece. Enough said.
Supermoist Chocolate Crinkles
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups refined sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup fresh milk
confectioner's powdered sugar for coating cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar at medium speed of mixer till light and fluffy (about 10 minutes).
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. At low mixer speed, add flour mixture alternately with the milk.
5. Refrigerate dough covered for 30 minutes.
6. Shape dough into one-inch balls then roll in powdered confectioner's sugar.
7. Place on greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
8. Bake at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes. (Don't overbake.)
9. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Makes 36 cookies.