Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Version of Magnolia Bakery's Famous Banana Pudding

My friend Mia lived in NYC for two years and while there fell in love with Magnolia Bakery's Famous Banana Pudding. She would describe this dessert as melt-in-your-mouth creaminess and sheer heaven.

But banana pudding is not available in any Manila bakery we know. So she challenged me to make her my own version. Not having tasted Magnolia's version, I searched the net for the recipe and found one from recipelink which you can find here.

I made some substitutions to the above recipe. Since Nilla wafers are not available here I used pasencia, our local vanilla wafer cookies. And instead of 3 cups of whipping cream, I used 2 cups to make the pudding richer.


I'd say this is another recipe to whip out of the box for when it's too hot to turn the oven on. Not bad as a potluck dessert too. Really fast and easy. I'm glad to have found another recipe to add to my list of standbys.


P.S.

A few days later, I made another batch; this time using fresh ripe mangoes which are in season. It was another hit. In fact, they like the mango version better than the banana. Oh, well.

No comments: